Wednesday 4 September 2013

End of the holidays

And I really don't know what to do with myself, I've been used to having Scotty too Hotty here and now he's gone I'm finding it really hard to get back in my routine so please bear with me while I get back into the swing of things lol

Today I'm going to share with you some coasters I made using some tiles!! Yup you read that right tiles.  I have been after some really nice coasters for our dining room table but they all seem to be quite expensive for half way decent ones, so I set about making my own.






First I stamped out my design using the black stazon ink.  Here's a closer look





I then coloured these using the stampin write markers.  I then coated them with two thin layers of spray varnish and a layer of modge podge.  Here's the finished coaster,





I've popped some little pads on the bottom of each tile so they don't scratch the table.  I've used the papillon potpourri stamp set and crisp cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana In colours.  I'm gonna make some vintahe looking ones for my dad using the penny farthing from the Feeling Sentimental stamp set, that you may have gotten during Sale-a-bration.

If you would like to order any of these stampin up products used in todays blog post please email me at debbie72keating@yahoo.co.uk.

Happy Crafting

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment