Tuesday 20 August 2013

Recovering and old papers

OOOooooOOOO I'm back after a long time away, the move went well and then we went off on holiday! A lovely time was had by all :-)

So todays little project is a stool that my Dad made when he was at school, it was starting to look a little worse for wear





as you can see.  It must have been painted white at some stage which was a revelation, as it was covered with peeling wood effect fablon yes I know yuk!





Heres what the top looked like.

So out came the retired papers and the modge podge and I set to work




Here's my work half way through




I cut squares out to cover it as I thought this would be easier, the squares where scalloped so it gives quite a nice effect.

 And heres the finished product.  Whats more surprising is that no-one has noticed it's been re-covered lol, ah well not to worry.

See you soon

Happy crafting


Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment