Saturday 19 January 2013

Quadruple Easel Card

Well we had about 2 inches of snow last night, and more to come, we've had worse so it's not so bad, no digging out needed at least :-)

Well today I'm going to go through a tutorial of a quadruple easel card for you, here's the card.





I've used Melon Mambo and Old Olive as my colour combination and the stamp set I used was the By the Seashore set, the sentiments are from Teeny Tiny Sentiments, I've used the large Vintage Faceted buttons as stoppers but you could use you sentiment as a stopper instead.

So lets get on with making it, you need to work in either inches or centimetres  do not combine the two or your card will not turn out as you hoped.

1 First you need to cut two pieces of card one measuring 18cm or 7ins square (this is your base card) and another measuring 17.5cm or 61/2 ins.

 Matt and layer these together

Cut four peices of card 8 x 15.5 cms 3 x 6 ins for the easels. Crease and fold each one in half and then take the outer corner and fold it down to the left. Make sure all the folds go in the same direction. 



Cut some contrasting card  card 7cms 2 3/4ins and adhere them to the lower corners of each easel. 


4 I then added a slightly smaller layer in whisper white which I had stamped my image and sentiment onto before hand.

On the bottom of each easel I have added foam pads to raise them up from the base, and then carefully pressed each one into place on the outer edge. All are facing out so that the recipient can see each panel as the card is rotated. I then added the vintage faceted buttons as a stopper.

Hope this all makes sense to you, remember you can make your card in whatever colour you choose, if you would like to order any of the items used to make this card please email me.

Happy Crafting

Deb xx


No comments:

Post a Comment