Saturday 2 June 2012

Richard the lionheart, a goodbye and a thank you

What a busy week I've had.  Everyone has been gearing up ready for the Queens Diamond Jubilee and the kids at school have been off the wall with excitement because it was the last week before their holidays.  Talk about hard work lol.

I'd like to start with my little King Scotty, we had a letter from his school requesting that the children go dressed as Kings, Queens, Princes or Princesses.  Scott decided he'd like to go dressed as Richard the Lion heart (because he was brave apparently ) and here he is in his costume.
I think he looks wonderfully Kingly, don't you?  Do you recognise the paper used to make his crown?  Made by Scott himself by the way.  Stampin up had to get into his costume somehow lol.

Friday at school was a day full of mixed emotions as it was the day our year 11's were leaving, some of them have decided to come back to 6th form but a fair number are off to college or are going onto apprenticeships.  One of the pupils I work with brought me a card and had made me a strawberry flavoured cupcake, I was so touched, it's not very often us Teaching Assistants get thanked in secondary school.  I couldn't let that go with out a thank you so I made the pupil in question a thank you card and a little post it note holder for college, here they are:




I've found a sudden love of Baja Breeze since the training in Leeds I really like the colour and love that matching seam binding it makes such lovely bows!  As you can see I've used the Apothecary Art stamp set and the framelits, I adore this set it's just so beautiful.  I've coloured the images using the Stampin write pens.  I'm going to use this same set to make a thank you card for our neighbour who is kind enough to take in my ups parcels when I'm at work, such a lovely lady.

Well that's all for now, I'm off to cook Jubilee cookies and cupcakes, I'll post about them here if they turn out lol

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment