Friday 2 March 2012

Phone Sock and Flowers

Yup you read that right a phone sock lol.  It seems I have some sewing talents that I was never aware of.  This of course has been driving everyone else in the Keating household mad as they can't move for cloth, needles and pins.  Ray Ray bless him has been giving me a look of 'oh God not another messy hobby' whilst trying at the same time to be supportive of my efforts.  Scotty Too Hotty of course just wants to join in, he is currently picking pictures for a scrap book.  I've made this phone sock for my HTC Sensation

I used the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric for this, for the flower in the middle I used the Blossom Party Die from the spring mini catalogue and an antique brad in the middle.
While we're on the subject of flowers I've made some very pretty ones using the Fancy Flower Punch, I got this idea from Monica who made the same flower from coloured card at one of our trainings.
As you can see instead of using coloured card I've used Very vanilla then inked the edges with, Regal Rose, Marina Mist and Real Red.  They are very easy to make, just punch out your flower 3 times, then scrunch them up, this will loosen up the fibres in the card allowing you to pull the flower apart, this then gives you two flowers with a nice textured finish.  I topped them off with a pearl brad.  I think they are lovely.

See you soon

Deb xx

No comments:

Post a Comment