Thursday 2 February 2012

Punch Power

When you become a Demonstrator with stamping up every month you receive a mini magazine called Impressions.  It's a fabulous resource that gives you lots of ideas and inspiration.  You are never left on your own with this company there is always something or someone to help should you hit a crafters block.

In this months impressions they have come up with the idea of using some of the punches as photo corners, what a great idea, I must say that I would never have thought of that, here's my attempt at it.

It's quite effective don't you think?  I love the added effect of the pearl on each corner too.  I really enjoyed making this card and trying something new.  As you can see I used the curly label punch to do these particular photo corners and you can easily use the scallop square, doily or decorative label punches to get a different kind of effect.  I think it shows just how versatile stampin up punches are.  The stamp is from the Every Bunny stamp set.
As you can see I've coloured the balloon egg with Temping Turquoise and Pretty in Pink.  I coloured our little bunny friend in River rock and the basket in Chocolate Chip and Pretty in  Pink.

I also used the sentiment from that stamp set too.  I tried to colour coordinate by using Tempting Turquoise to ink the edges of the Very Vanilla card the image is stamped onto, I used Pretty in Pink to mat and layer, Chocolate Chip for the photo corners and Crumb Cake for the base card.

Well I hope you like it, and sorry for my terrible photography.

Happy crafting

Debbie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment